FEEDBACK AWARDS FROM FOOD CRITICS/ CHEFS/JUDGES
- The gelato looks and smells great, with a clear chocolatey aroma and notes of hazelnut.
- The mouthfeel is great for the most part, rich and silky, melting away nicely, with the added texture of the finely chopped nuts.
- The gelato base is creamy and sweet, and certainly delivers the flavours of cinnamon, festive spices, fruit and a brandy kick.
- A luxurious gelato, rich and creamy.
- The cocoa delivers a welcome hint of bitterness, and a touch of salt elevates the whole recipe.
- The taste was most definitely like eating a rich Christmas pudding or an ice cream that has been sitting next to a Christmas pudding long enough to soak up all the bits and pieces.
- The gelato is lovely and creamy, nice and smooth. An enjoyable hit of ginger which starts sweet, with the heat slowly building.
FEEDBACK FROM THE FAMOUS MARTYN ODELL A.K.A THE LAGOM CHEF:
This was super delicious; the depth of flavour and the creaminess of the ice cream was amazing. Ice cream packaging doesn’t need to be reworked and it was nice to see they had thought about all elements of compost ability and recycling. Taste and texture were right up there for me. Super creamy and a really depth of flavour which quite a lot of vegan dishes struggle with.
Yummy Chumz won Veggie Awards for Vegan Sicilian Pistachio Gelato
Feedback from The Famous Michelin Star Restaurateur Mr David Moore
(Owner of PIED À TERRE)
Yummy Chumz Won Gold in the Great British Food Awards 2023 for the Free from Lemon Bars Shortbread